Using https for websites is important for not only keeping information safe from prying eyes but also for search engine optimization. Let's Encrypt provides free 3 month valid security (SSL / TLS ) certificates so that you can have encryption and SEO benefits without purchasing an SSL. Let's encrypt's encryption works the same way as a purchased certificate and the main difference is let's encrypt does not have a "warranty" . The control panel automatically renew's Let's Encrypt certificates.
To setup Let's encrypt in Plesk, do the following:
- Login to Plesk
- This can be done via the client area -> My services -> hosting account -> Login to control panel
- Or via the control panel's address -- if you saved it during the above option
- Once logged in to the control panel, go to the "Websites and Domains" page
- On the "Websites and Domains" page, find the "Let's Encrypt" icon
- On the Let's encrypt page, adjust any settings as needed
- Click "Install" at the bottom of the page
- If validation succeeded, you should now be set to force https if you want
NOTE: the domain's "A" record and "www" record must point to the server's IP . The validation step will fail if this is not done.