Installing Wordpress within Plesk is as easy as clicking a few buttons, Lets get started by doing the following:
- Login to Plesk, the control panel
- This can be done via the client area -> My services -> hosting account -> Login to control panel button
- Or via the control panel's address once you do the above step and input the username and password
- Once in the control panel, find "Install Wordpress" button near the top of the domain's information area
- On the next page, select:
- Which domain to install in to and what the path should be
- Which plugin set you want to use
- Which version of Wordpress -- the latest will be already selected and is recommended to use
- Enter the admin login, your email address, and the password you want to use
- Select if you want Automated updates enabled and for which parts of Wordpress
- It is important to keep Wordpress and its plugins and themes updated as updates can resolve bugs and fix security holes in Wordpress or the plugin or theme.
- Wait for Wordpress to install
- You should now be set to login to Wordpress and manage it as needed
NOTE: It is recommended to use a plugin set that has a caching plugin already or install one after the fact. WP Super cache is an example of a good but easy to use plugin. Most of our sets have WP super cache selected already.